Not all TikTok videos need to be 100% original. In fact, some accounts are dedicated to reposting other people’s videos. Of course, it’s always best to get the creator’s permission beforehand to avoid any complaints.
TikTok discourages its users from reposting each other’s content by including a TokTok watermark with the username on saved and reposted videos. Fortunately, you can repost videos without the watermark.
Read on to learn how to repost someone else’s video without the watermark using different devices.
please note: ON TokTok repost in this context is NOT the same as using the “Repost/Recommend” link under the “Share” option, which only puts the user’s video in your friends’ “For You” category to view. This article refers to posting a video on your profile for others to see.
How to repost someone else’s TikTok video on iPhone
Here’s how to repost a fellow TikToker’s video without the TikTok logo and poster’s username:
- Start “TikTok,” go to the video you want to repost, then tap share icon on the right side.
- Scroll to and select other in the middle row of options with social media icons.
- Choose copy to save the video URL to your clipboard.
- visit SnapTip where you can download the TikTok video without the watermark. Paste the video link in the empty field and tap on “Download.”
- Once the video is processed, select from the listed source options, such as “Download server 01,” “Download with the app (SnapTik),” or “Downloading Server 02.”
- Choose Download in the iPhone prompt.
- Open the “Files” app and tap on “Downloads” to confirm that the file is there.
- Your file must appear in the “Downloads” folder to view.
- The downloaded video should appear without the TikTok logo and username watermark.
- To repost the user’s video without the watermark, tap the “+” icon and choose to upload the file as usual.
The TikTok logo is now missing from the reposted video.
How to repost someone else’s TikTok video on an Android device
Here’s how to remove the TikTok logo and repost someone else’s video using your Android device:
- Open TikTok and find the video you want to repost.
- Tap the share icon on the left side of the video.
- In the menu, under the “Share with” section, select “Copy link.” The video link will be saved to your clipboard.
- go to the TikTok video download website to download and save the video without the TikTok logo.
- Paste the video link into the empty field on the website.
- Tap on the “Download” icon to start the download process.
- Once the video is processed, three download buttons will display, “Download Server 01,” “Download Server 02,” and “Download Server 03.”
- Select any button to download the video. You will be asked to confirm whether you want to view or download the video. If one server fails, try another button.
- Tap “Download.”
- Once the download is complete, press the download icon on the top navigation bar to open the video.
- To save the video to your camera roll, press the share icon on the bottom navigation bar and then “Save Video.”
To repost the video to TikTok:
- On the bottom navigation bar of the TikTok app, tap the plus sign (+) icon.
- On the recording screen, press “Upload” to access your camera roll.
- Find and select the saved video and then press “Next”.
- Now you can edit and trim the length of the video if you want, then tap “Next” when you’re done.
- Include a caption for the video and press “Post”.
The video will be reposted without the TikTok logo.
How to repost someone else’s TikTok video on PC
TikTok’s desktop app offers a slimmed-down version of the mobile app. However, if you install a powerful Android emulator like BlueStacks, you can access the full version using a PC or Mac. Follow these steps to install BlueStacks:
- Navigate to bluestacks.com and click the “Download” button.
- Once downloaded, BlueStacks will start automatically. It looks like a mobile screen.
- With the “Game Center” tab selected, click “Google Play Store” under the “Recommended for you” section on the home screen.
- Sign in to Google, then enter a search for TikTok.
- Select “Install.” The TikTok app will appear on your home screen.
- Open TikTok. It will appear in the same way as on your phone.
- Sign in to your account.
To download the video without the TikTok logo:
- Use TikTok to locate the video you want to repost.
- Click the share icon on the video.
- Once in the menu, click on “Copy Link” under the “Share to” section. The video link will be saved to your clipboard.
- go to the TikTok video download website to download the video.
- Paste the video link into the site’s blank field.
- Click on the “Download” icon to start the download process.
- When the video is processed, three download buttons will appear: “Download Server 01,” “Download Server 02,” and “Download Server 03.”
- Click any button to download the video and then confirm. If one server is not working, you can try another one.
- Click “Download.”
- Once downloaded, you can open it by selecting the download icon on the top navigation bar.
- Save the video to your camera roll by clicking the share icon on the bottom navigation bar, then “Save Video.”
To repost the video to TikTok:
- On the bottom navigation bar of the TikTok app, click the plus sign (+) icon.
- On the recording screen, access your camera roll by selecting “Upload”.
- Select the saved video and then click “Next”.
- You can edit and trim the length of the video if you want, then select “Next.”
- Add a caption for the video and click “Post”.
The reposted video will not include the TikTok logo.
Reuse of TikTok content
There are many reasons why you might want to save or repost another TikTok creator’s content. You may find it funny or agree with it, or perhaps you want to make it easier to refer to later. Although TikTok allows you to save and repost videos, it will display its logo on videos saved and reposted within the app. To remove the logo from a video, you can use the TikTok Video Downloader tool.
Make sure you are not violating someone else’s copyright or trademark, otherwise the video may be removed after the creator complains. Before you repost someone else’s video, always ask for their permission and give them credit by mentioning them in your caption.
What kind of content do you like to repost? Tell us in the comments section below.