For many people, YouTube has become their primary source of entertainment. The platform usually works without problems, but a poor internet connection can negatively affect your viewing experience. Unfortunately, YouTube’s more advanced perks, including video downloads, are reserved for Premium users. Those who prefer to use content on their computer struggle to find an effective way to store videos in their local storage.
The good news is that there are several methods to solve the problem and download YouTube videos on Windows PC.
Read on to learn more.
By clicking on Downloader
To begin with, we will cover the easiest method to download videos from YouTube to your computer. The ByClick Downloader is a reliable third-party source that allows users to download YouTube videos, playlists and live videos with just a few clicks.
Here’s how to download YouTube videos:
- Download the By clicking on Downloader here.
- open Youtube and select the video you want to download.
- A pop-up window will appear in the lower left corner of your computer’s screen. Click Download video.
- Open the ByClick Downloader and wait for your video to complete.
- After the download is complete, you will find your YouTube video in the folder listed below Select directory in the ByClick Downloader.
If the pop-up window in step three does not appear, copy the YouTube video’s URL into the address bar. Then open the ByClick Downloader and select your download location and quality. Then choose Paste URL. The video will start downloading automatically.
Use Open Video Downloader
Open Video Downloader is a free tool that works well with Windows operating systems, so it will allow you to quickly save videos to your computer. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to the Video Downloader Github and click on the Gain button to download and install the software from the Microsoft Store.
- open Youtubefind the video you want to save and open it.
- Navigate to the address bar, highlight it, right-click and tap the Copy option to copy the video link.
- Start the Open video downloader program from the Windows Start menu.
- Hover over the address bar, right-click and select Paste to insert the video link in the field.
- Click on the + button. It will analyze the YouTube video and generate various download options.
- Go through the list of options and select the desired video quality. The program’s default setting is Video + audio, which ensures that the downloaded video contains the audio. You will find the resolution options in the second drop down menu.
- Press the Download button in the lower right corner of the desktop.
Depending on the size of the file and the strength of your internet connection, the software may take a few minutes to complete the download. The progress tab will alert you when the process is complete.
Your computer will save the video in the Downloads folder. To see the video immediately, press the small arrow next to the downloaded file and click on Show file in directory.
Use VLC Media Player
Many people have set the user-friendly VLC tool as their default media player, but you can also use the program to download YouTube videos. If you do not have the program installed, you can install it on the VLC website free.
Saving a video to your computer with VLC Player is relatively simple. Follow these steps to do so:
- open Youtube and select the video you want to download.
- Highlight and copy the URL from the address bar.
- Start VLC Media Player from the Windows Start menu.
- Click on The half and choose Open network stream. Network Streams lets VLC play content you’ve opened in your web browser.
- Paste the video’s URL into the Please enter a network URL field.
- Tap the play button to open the video in the media player.
- Press the Tools tab and select the Codec information option.
- Navigate to the location box and copy the address.
- Paste the address into your browser and print Enter.
- Hover over the video, right click and click on Save video as to launch the Save dialogue.
- Select the location where the computer will save the video.
Your computer will start downloading the MP4 file and save it as “video playback”. If you are downloading a larger file, you may have to wait a few minutes for the computer to complete the process. You can double-click the file to open it immediately.
Use 4K Video Downloader
Another excellent option to consider is the 4K video downloader. The tool features an easy-to-use interface that makes it stand out from its competitors. To download videos with the program:
- Download the setup file from the 4K Video Downloader web page and install the software. The on-screen instructions will guide you through the process.
- open Youtube in your internet browser and play the video you want to download.
- Copy the link from the address bar at the top of the browser.
- Start the 4K Video Downloader from the Windows Start menu.
- Navigate to the upper left part of the program and click on Paste link to paste the URL into the appropriate field.
- go to the format menu and select the desired video format.
- Select the video quality supported by your computer.
- Click on the Download button on the lower part of the screen.
When your computer downloads the file, right-click the video and select the Show in file option in the drop-down list. The video will appear in the File Explorer window, and you can double-tap it to stream it in your default media player.
Use an online converter
Many web-based converters allow users to save YouTube videos to their computers. One popular option is 9x matewhich has no problems downloading longer videos.
- go to Youtube and play the video you want to download.
- Highlight the link in the address bar, right-click and type Copy.
- open the 9xBuddy web page in a new tab.
- Paste the URL into the appropriate field.
- Click on the Download button. The website will scan the YouTube video and generate various format and quality options.
- Tap the Video button to view the video results.
- Pressure Download now Besides the desired video format and quality. The website will convert the video.
- Type Download now again to save the file to your computer’s local storage.
Once the computer has downloaded the file, press the video to view it in your default media player.
Note that some online converters are full of ads and pop-ups. Avoid clicking on the ads as they may contain viruses that can compromise your data and computer. If the browser opens new windows, close them immediately. These sites may also contain malware and prevent your computer from working correctly.
Although online tools help users save storage space, using them is potentially dangerous. Make sure you practice online safety measures and stay vigilant.
It is best to use an ad blocker to protect your information and devices when visiting unknown web pages.
Use iTubeGo Video Downloader
iTubeGo is another excellent tool that supports downloading videos from more than 10,000 websites, including YouTube. Here’s how to use the program to save videos to your computer:
- go to the iTubeGo official website to download and install the software.
- Go to Youtube and open the video you want to download.
- Highlight the link in the address bar, right-click and select the Copy option.
- Start the iTubeGo program using the desktop shortcut.
- Click on Paste URL at the top of the interface. The action will generate a new window.
- Paste the URL into the appropriate field and click the Download button at the bottom of the window.
Use a browser extension
If you don’t want to download additional software or visit multiple sites to download a single video, you can install a browser extension. For example, Video DownloadHelper is a Firefox extension that allows users to download videos directly from the YouTube page. To use the extension:
- Open the Firefox browser and visit this page to install the extension.
- Go to YouTube, open the video you want to download and stream it for about one minute.
- Double-tap the Video Download Helper icon at the top of the browser to see the different format options.
- Press the desired option.
Depending on the size of the video, your computer may take a few minutes to complete the download.
Take your favorite videos offline
Although YouTube is mostly a bug-free platform, a poor internet connection is enough to prevent you from enjoying your favorite content. Fortunately, you don’t need a Premium subscription to download videos. Until YouTube introduces a built-in solution, you can download videos using software like VLC Media Player, Open Video Downloader, and 4K Video Downloader. Or you might prefer to work with web-based converters like 9xBuddy. Firefox users can install the Video DownloadHelper extension.
Do you often download YouTube videos on your Windows PC? Which of the above methods is your favorite? Let us know in the comments section below.