Discord’s many features make chatting on this platform unique, especially its servers, filled with communities that share the same interests. These servers contain multiple channels, and usually they are all named according to their purpose. Users ask and answer questions, exchange stories, share memes, etc.
Discord users can start their own private Discord server and invite other members to join.
If you already have a private server and want to change the name, you are in the right place. This article outlines how to make server name changes on computers and smartphones.
How to Change a Discord Server Name on a PC
If you communicate most of the time on your computer, here’s how you can personalize your Discord servers and give them a new name:
- Go to Discord’s Official website to sign in or launch your Discord app.
- Click on the server you want to rename.
- In the upper left corner you will see your list of servers. Press the down arrow to expand the menu.
- Find Server Settings and click on it.
- Slightly to your right you will see the server name and a box with the current name typed in.
- Change the name.
- Click “Save Changes.”
How to Change a Discord Server Name on a Smartphone
Changing your Discord server name on Android and iPhone is almost identical to the desktop steps. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to your Discord app on your phone.
- Select the Discord server you want to rename.
- Click the three dots next to the server’s name.
- Select “Settings.”
- Tap “Overview.”
- Under Server Name, type the new name for your server.
- Save your changes.
Change the Discord server name if you are not an administrator
If you are only a member of a Discord server, you will not be able to rename it. However, you can always message the administrator privately or in a group chat that you want a name change.
How to set up a Discord server on a PC
If you are looking for your own Discord server with a unique name, here are the steps:
- Go to Discord’s Official website to access the platform or to launch your application.
- Click the plus button on the left. You will see a few choices.
- Click on “Create my own.”
- Choose between two options: club and community and you and your friends.
- Customize your server by adding a photo and a name.
How to set up a Discord server on smartphone
Setting up a Discord server on your iPhone or Android is almost identical to the setup steps for a PC.
- Go to the Discord app on your phone.
- Select the plus button.
- Go to “Create Server.”
- Choose between a server for the community or a personal one for your friends.
- Personalize the server avatar with a unique name and image.
What are some popular Discord server topics?
In general, Discord server topics depend on the purpose of your server. Some popular choices include Meme Channel, Announcement Channel, Rules & Guidelines Channel, Bot Channel, etc.
What is the difference between a Discord bot and a Discord user?
A Discord bot is a computer-controlled user, while a Discord user is a real person.
Do you have to pay to use Discord?
You don’t have to pay for anything if your primary focus is on communication. However, some additional features, such as sticker packs, come with a price tag.
Give your Discord server a unique name
Discord is a popular communication platform that comes with various customization features. One of them is the opportunity to change the name of your Discord server and make it unique for its participants. However, you can only rename the server if you are the administrator.
You can also create a private server by following a few steps.
Are you familiar with the steps to change the Discord server name? Do you have a unique name for your server? Leave a comment below.